The purpose of the Pennsylvania Organization Mothers of Multiples Club is to assist in further developing established clubs within the state of Pennsylvania and establishing new area clubs, as well as:
- Broadening public understanding of the different aspects of multiple birth, it’s development and child rearing.
- Facilitating the exchange of information between parents, educators, doctors, and others with a direct interest and appropriate experience with multiple births.
- Focusing attention on solutions to those problems specifically relating to multiple births Cooperating with and actively participating in research.
- Increasing awareness of the individuality of each child.
- Awarding scholarships according to the guidelines of the Doris and Lonnie Whitcomb Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Implementing its educational work by making available to the public information about multiple births.
- Cooperating with Multiples of America